Jackson attorney Daniel Goostrey (right) was sworn in to the 12th District Court April 30 by Chief District Court Judge Darryl Mazur (left) in Circuit Court Judge Richard LaFlamme’s courtroom. Goostrey’s appointment fills the vacancy created by the removal of Judge James M. Justin. “The breadth of legal experience Dan brings to the bench will benefit the people of Jackson County as well as our District Court,” said Mazur.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- How much less do women lawyers and judges earn than men?
- Murder defendant seeks to have ‘murder’ neck tattoo removed before trial
- Supreme Court Upholds Voter-Approved Affirmative Action Ban
- Sotomayor's Affirmative Action Dissent Was 'Courageous,' Holder Says
- Today’s transcripts
- Opinion analysis: Dividing the duty to pay for child porn