DETROIT (AP) — Ford CEO Jim Hackett is apologizing for multiple instances of sexual harassment at an assembly plant in Chicago.
In a letter sent to employees, Hackett said Ford won't tolerate harassment or retaliation against workers who report it.
He says he plans to visit the Chicago plant early next year to talk with workers.
Ford has settled two separate lawsuits, in 1999 and earlier this year, with women who were repeatedly harassed at the Chicago plant.
Hackett says Ford Motor Co. has conducted 20,000 hours of training to combat harassment at the plant over the last two years.
- Posted December 26, 2017
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Ford CEO apologizes for harassment cases at Chicago plant

headlines Macomb
headlines National
- ACLU and BigLaw firm use ‘Orange is the New Black’ in hashtag effort to promote NY jail reform
- Judge accused of using ‘game or jail’ tactic, asserting abuse victims get ‘Super Bowl’ neurochemicals
- Prosecutor gets suspension for invading jury’s ‘inner sanctum’
- Lateral hiring bounced back in 2024, especially for associates in BigLaw, new NALP report says
- Refugee ban can’t be enforced against those who received conditional approval, 9th Circuit says
- ABA, more than 50 bar associations condemn ‘government actions that seek to twist the scales of justice’