MSU Law Professor, Clinic Director Kathryn Fort named AALS Litigation Section Practitioner of the Year
Published: February 14, 2024
MSU Law Professor and Clinic Director Kathryn Fort is being honored for her pivotal role in the landmark case, Brackeen v. Haaland with the Practitioner Award from the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).
ABA: Careless language can cause unintentional harmFebruary 14, 2024“Words are never just words,” panelist Lewis R. Gordon said at the “Challenging Antisemitism through Dialogue” program, sponsored by the Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division. Certain phrases, including those related to Israel and to the Jewish people, unintentionally can cause harm and lead to violence.
Jon Bylsma elected Chair of VarnumFebruary 07, 2024Jon Bylsma has been elected Chair of Varnum and Scott Hill has been re-elected Executive Partner, both terms effective Jan. 1. Following a successful five-year term as the firm’s Chair, Ron DeWaard is returning his focus to the full-time practice, and will continue to lead the White Collar and Government Investigations Team.
headlines Grand Rapids
- Controversial qualified immunity doctrine faces tests in Louisiana
- Judge says he misperceived interaction at bar event as flirting, leading him to touch lawyer’s ‘lower hamstring’
- Court-appointed lawyers are victims of stolen check schemes, prosecutors say; 6 people charged
- A few partners leave Cravath despite changes that generate more money for superstars
- From Generative AI to Revenue Drivers: Insights from the LawPay and MyCase ‘Legal Industry Report 2024’
- Judge faces potential discipline for allowing secretary to work remotely