Honoring social justice work
Published: February 27, 2024
The Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter, hosted its “2024 Wade H. McCree Jr. Luncheon for the Advancement of Social Justice” earlier this month at the Detroit Athletic Club.
Woman arraigned in Mount Clemens shootingFebruary 27, 2024A Mount Clemens woman was arraigned Monday in connection with the shooting of her biological father.It is alleged Cheyenne Randolph, 20, shot her biological father multiple times after an argument in their apartment.The Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office said the 66-year-old victim is expected to recover.
Man convicted in Eastpointe slayingsFebruary 27, 2024A Macomb County jury last Friday convicted 62-year-old Dennis Evans on all charges after a three-day jury trial.In January of 2023, Dennis Evans shot his neighbors Dorian Mitchell and Christie Davis outside of their apartment complex in Eastpointe.Both victims died from their injuries.
Supreme Court wrestles with GOP-led states' efforts to regulate social media platformsFebruary 27, 2024WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has wrestled with state laws that could affect how Facebook, TikTok, X, YouTube and other social media platforms regulate content posted by their users.The cases are among several this term in which the justices could set standards for free speech in the digital age.
Flint council member known for outbursts and activism in city water crisis diesFebruary 27, 2024FLINT (AP) — Eric Mays, a Flint city council member known for activism during the city’s water crisis and for disruptive behavior at public meetings, has died.City officials made the announcement late Saturday, without listing a cause of death. Mays was 65.
- Can you spot the wrong words in Bryan Garner’s quiz?
- Do you know who your legal recruiter is?
- Former Texas lawyer accused of bilking clients for at least $20M is sentenced for ‘Ponzi-type scheme’
- What’s the current state of remote and hybrid work in law firms?
- Leaving kids home alone wasn’t endangerment, state supreme court says; ‘no parent can shield a child from all risks’
- Contracts imposing $50K in liquidated damages for lawyer departures lead to suspension recommendation