ABA: Careless language can cause unintentional harm
Published: February 16, 2024
“Words are never just words,” panelist Lewis R. Gordon said at the “Challenging Antisemitism through Dialogue” program, sponsored by the Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division. Certain phrases, including those related to Israel and to the Jewish people, unintentionally can cause harm and lead to violence.
The stuff of spy novels? IP attorney dives into submarine trademark filings to impede top-secret business ventures from surfacingFebruary 16, 2024In an era of widespread access to information, business secrecy has become an utmost priority for companies—but also a near impossibility, according to Julie A. Greenberg, a partner at intellectual property specialty law firm Fishman Stewart PLLC.
Michigan courts will participate in National Judicial Outreach Week slated for March 1-10February 16, 2024Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice Elizabeth T. Clement is urging trial court judges statewide to participate in National Judicial Outreach Week. From March 1 to March 10, courts are encouraged to hold events that engage their local communities, including courthouse tours, town meetings, coffee hours, and open houses.
Local students earn kudosFebruary 16, 2024• Eliana Bement of Norton Shores, was named to the Dean's Honor List at Cedarville University for Fall 2023.
• Miciah Hirr of Norton Shores, was named to the fall 2023 Dean's List at Palmer College of Chiropractic's Florida Campus located in Port Orange, Fla.
Martin soars to new heights with Muskegon Big Reds basketball teamFebruary 16, 2024Transitioning from middle school basketball to high school basketball can be a daunting task for anyone especially when playing at a state powerhouse like Muskegon High School. Now a 6-3 sophomore guard, James Martin kind of had an idea of what to expect as far as the pace of the game, environment and having Keith Guy as a coach.
headlines Muskegon (Norton-Lakeshore)
- ABA: Careless language can cause unintentional harm
- The stuff of spy novels? IP attorney dives into submarine trademark filings to impede top-secret business ventures from surfacing
- Michigan courts will participate in National Judicial Outreach Week slated for March 1-10
- Local students earn kudos
- Martin soars to new heights with Muskegon Big Reds basketball team
- Controversial qualified immunity doctrine faces tests in Louisiana
- Judge says he misperceived interaction at bar event as flirting, leading him to touch lawyer’s ‘lower hamstring’
- Court-appointed lawyers are victims of stolen check schemes, prosecutors say; 6 people charged
- A few partners leave Cravath despite changes that generate more money for superstars
- From Generative AI to Revenue Drivers: Insights from the LawPay and MyCase ‘Legal Industry Report 2024’
- Judge faces potential discipline for allowing secretary to work remotely