ABA News: Wanted—Democracy warriors for U.S. elections
Published: February 22, 2024
The American Bar Association Midyear Meeting program, “Stepping Up, Lawyers Defending Democracy,” provided actionable ways for lawyers to help defend democracy.
SAGE Award recognizes Michigan Law Professor Roseanna Sommers’ work at the intersection of law and psychologyFebruary 22, 2024The Society of Personality and Social Psychology has recognized Michigan Law Professor Roseanna Sommers for her interdisciplinary work examining legal concepts such as consent, autonomy, and moral responsibility.
The stuff of spy novels? IP attorney dives into submarine trademark filings to impede top-secret business ventures from surfacingFebruary 22, 2024In an era of widespread access to information, business secrecy has become an utmost priority for companies—but also a near impossibility, according to Julie A. Greenberg, a partner at intellectual property specialty law firm Fishman Stewart PLLC.
headlines Washtenaw County
- ABA News: Wanted—Democracy warriors for U.S. elections
- SAGE Award recognizes Michigan Law Professor Roseanna Sommers’ work at the intersection of law and psychology
- MAJ Winter Meeting
- The stuff of spy novels? IP attorney dives into submarine trademark filings to impede top-secret business ventures from surfacing
- MSU Law Moot Court team reaches finals of National Championship
- Controversial qualified immunity doctrine faces tests in Louisiana
- Judge says he misperceived interaction at bar event as flirting, leading him to touch lawyer’s ‘lower hamstring’
- Court-appointed lawyers are victims of stolen check schemes, prosecutors say; 6 people charged
- A few partners leave Cravath despite changes that generate more money for superstars
- From Generative AI to Revenue Drivers: Insights from the LawPay and MyCase ‘Legal Industry Report 2024’
- Judge faces potential discipline for allowing secretary to work remotely