Night of Distinction honors Community Award winners
Published: February 15, 2024
The Jackson County Chamber of Commerce Night of Distinction (Annual Meeting) offers members and the community the opportunity to pause and reflect on what another year with the Chamber has meant for them and the Jackson community.
MLK Corridor Improvement Authority announces new round of Entrepreneurial Fund grantsFebruary 15, 2024The MLK Corridor Improvement Authority recently announced the launch of a second wave of funding for the Entrepreneurial and Real Estate Fund, a grant initiative designed to revitalize Southside Jackson and stimulate business development throughout the Corridor.
Foster Swift elects three shareholdersFebruary 08, 2024The shareholders of Foster Swift Collins & Smith, P.C. have elected three of its attorneys as shareholders as the firm enters 2024: Michael A. Cassar, Alexander S. Rusek and Hilary J. Stafford. Both Cassar and Stafford have both been with Foster Swift since 2016 when they participated in the firm’s Summer Associate program.
MSU Law Assistant Dean continues his work on lawyer well-beingFebruary 08, 2024MSU College of Law Assistant Dean for Student and Academic Affairs Abijah Taylor has been appointed by the Michigan Supreme Court to the Commission on Well-Being in the Law for a two-year term. Assistant Dean Taylor served on the Michigan Task Force on Well-Being in the Law as one of the law school representatives from May 2022-August 2023.
headlines Jackson County
- Controversial qualified immunity doctrine faces tests in Louisiana
- Judge says he misperceived interaction at bar event as flirting, leading him to touch lawyer’s ‘lower hamstring’
- Court-appointed lawyers are victims of stolen check schemes, prosecutors say; 6 people charged
- A few partners leave Cravath despite changes that generate more money for superstars
- From Generative AI to Revenue Drivers: Insights from the LawPay and MyCase ‘Legal Industry Report 2024’
- Judge faces potential discipline for allowing secretary to work remotely