MARION CENTER, Pa. (AP) — A 16-year-old western Pennsylvania girl is being charged with falsely reporting to police that she found a razor blade in her Halloween bubble gum.
State police had previously said the incident was a hoax, and that the girl self-inflicted a cut in her mouth which took 23 stitches to close.
But now the Indiana Gazette says the girl is being charged in juvenile court. As a result, her name won’t be released.
The girl claimed she found the razor during a community event in the Marion Center area. That’s about 60 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
The event involved 22 people who registered to hand out Halloween treats out of their vehicles at a school parking lot in East Mahoning Township.
The girl has since acknowledged orchestrating the hoax alone.
- Posted November 17, 2015
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Teen faces false report charge of razor in gum
headlines Macomb
- Leadership role
- MDHHS emphasizes firearm safety, education on anniversary of secure storage law
- Nominating Committee conducts forum for ABA leadership candidates
- Third leader charged in multi-state forced labor conspiracy involving Kingdom of God Global Church
- Businesses from across the state recognized as 2026 Michigan Celebrates Small Business award winners
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




