TRAVERSE CITY (AP) — A jury says doctors at a Michigan clinic weren’t negligent in using tainted steroids that were part of a national meningitis outbreak.
More than 100 patients sued doctors and the clinic, Neuromuscular & Rehabilitation Associates in Traverse City. The Traverse City Record-Eagle says a jury ruled in favor of the doctors and the clinic
last week after a civil trial.
Their attorneys said the doctors relied on drug regulators and had no reason to believe steroids from a Massachusetts compounding pharmacy were tainted.
Dave Novak of Interlochen, whose died wife in 2013, says the verdict was disappointing. But he found the trial to be rewarding because he was able to connect with other victims.
- Posted November 11, 2015
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Patients lose civil trial related to 12 meningitis outbreak
headlines Macomb
- Leadership role
- MDHHS emphasizes firearm safety, education on anniversary of secure storage law
- Nominating Committee conducts forum for ABA leadership candidates
- Third leader charged in multi-state forced labor conspiracy involving Kingdom of God Global Church
- Businesses from across the state recognized as 2026 Michigan Celebrates Small Business award winners
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




