- Posted August 02, 2011
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Flint wins Supreme Court appeal in demolition case
FLINT (AP) -- The Michigan Supreme Court has granted Flint's request to dismiss a lawsuit by a man who claims he wasn't notified before his home was demolished.
Lee Khan's house was badly damaged by fire. He says he was in line to get paid by his insurance company to rebuild but Flint demolished the property before construction started.
Khan says his constitutional rights were violated because he didn't get a fair hearing or appropriate notice about the demolition. The appeals court said the lawsuit could go forward, but the Supreme Court reversed that decision last week.
Justice Marilyn Kelly dissented and would have denied Flint's appeal. She says the lawsuit should have gone to trial because Khan's rights may have been violated by the city's failure to give him full due process.
Published: Tue, Aug 2, 2011
headlines Oakland County
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




