- Posted October 05, 2011
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Mich. State Police begin closing all but 29 posts
LANSING (AP) -- The Michigan State Police have begun closing posts as part of a plan to regionalize trooper coverage statewide.
State police director Kriste Kibbey Etue said in a news release Monday that the number of posts open to the public statewide will drop from 62 to 29.
Nineteen posts will remain open as work sites for officers. Fourteen posts will permanently close, including two shuttered last month.
Etue says the plan will make the state police "more mobile and flexible" and increase trooper visibility.
It also will help the department save nearly $18 million in the new budget year without laying off any of the department's more than 1,000 troopers.
More information on the Regional Policing Plan can be found on the state police website at www.michigan.gov/msp.
Published: Wed, Oct 5, 2011
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception
- Nessel secures judgment against construction company for consumer protection violation
- ACG Detroit celebrates women leaving an impact on the middle market at Inspire & Ignite Luncheon
- Attorneys general ask court to enforce order preventing cuts to billions in disaster preparedness funding
- ABA honors Robert Burns with its Robert B. McKay Law Professor Award
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




