- Posted April 03, 2012
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Detroit bridge company appeals latest ruling
DETROIT (AP) -- The company that controls the Ambassador Bridge says it is appealing a judge's decision that gave control of a construction project to the state of Michigan.
The Detroit International Bridge Company says it filed late last Thursday with the Michigan Court of Appeals.
Wayne County Judge Prentis Edwards earlier last month ordered the company to surrender control of a project on the U.S. side of the international crossing after a protracted legal fight and delays. The judge also ordered that a $16 million account be set up to fund the work.
The Michigan Department of Transportation has said it was seeking bids for completion of the $230 million Gateway Project.
In January, Edwards briefly put billionaire bridge owner Manuel "Matty" Moroun and his top executive in jail for contempt of court.
Published: Tue, Apr 3, 2012
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception
- Nessel secures judgment against construction company for consumer protection violation
- ACG Detroit celebrates women leaving an impact on the middle market at Inspire & Ignite Luncheon
- Attorneys general ask court to enforce order preventing cuts to billions in disaster preparedness funding
- ABA honors Robert Burns with its Robert B. McKay Law Professor Award
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




